is it just me?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

 

yes we can

I am trying to decide if I am ready to join Team Obama big time, and what better way to help me decide than to hear him in person. He is coming to Madison tonight, and will speak in the basketball arena. But here's the thing. It's really, really cold out. If I could just walk over and go inside, that would be one thing. But the doors open at 6:15, he won't talk until two hours after that, and some people are getting in line at 3 or 4pm. What? Stand outside for two hours in single digit temps (and snow) and THEN sit inside for two more hours waiting? Umm...well...I don't know about that. And then there's the fact that I might not even get it. Which would be a drag. I can't decide. I sort of want to see him because people say he is a great speaker and truthfully I haven't seen a great speaker in a long, long time. And he could be President, so there's that. I have seen several presidents (though not our current one who hasn't ever come within 100 miles of my crazy hippy town hahahahaha) and it's fun. I can't decide. I know I should go, but I should also eat lots of vegetables and I don't do that either. So, there's that.

those are the greatest?

I am about to make a Mariah Carey reference so I thought I would title this section with one of her songs. But then I realized (somewhat thankfully) that I do not know the title of a single Mariah Carey song. But, I have a bad memory for things like that so I figured I would look it up. According to her greatest hits album, I actually don't know a single one of her songs by name. I know that shrill voice and bad fashion sense anywhere, but I guess she doesn't have catchy names for her songs. Anyway, I read in People last night that Katharine McPhee (who was on American Idol which I only know from People because I don't watch the show) married some producer who is 20 years older than her. How very Mariah Carey of her. The guy is kind of balding and looks like he probably has a lot of money, but why do these girls do this? Seriously, you couldn't find someone nice who is not 20 years older than you? He is 10 years older than me and I bet we have nothing in common. And I am sure there is that whole 'confused over sudden fame and generally making bad decisions' which has brought us such things as 'From Justin to Kelly' and most of the movies Ben Affleck did after Good Will Hunting. But marriage? Shouldn't you be off dating NFL players or something? Anyway, they're going to get divorced. The end.

maybe not the best idea you've ever had
so, I posted a while ago about that Dutch kid that they think killed that girl in Aruba (everyone but People magazine readers is probably thinking huh?). Well, now they have him on tape saying exactly what happened. I guess he was being secretly videoed and admitted it to someone but then says he was just 'telling them what they wanted to hear'. Yeah, that's probably not such a good idea. Pretty much this guy needs to just stop talking indefinitely. Because clearly they don't have any evidence which is why they have let him go about eight times, so if he could just shut his trap his life would be a lot better. Here's a tip: just like you don't joke about having bombs in the security line, you don't confess to a murder that you have been questioned about just to make your friend's day. I'm just saying.

Comments:
At least you have the option of going - I just read that the Obama/Clinton debate they're having here at UT next week is going to be invitation only. “The majority of the people invited are going to be elected officials.” Say what? We do have the option of going to the official watch party, for a mere $50. The democratic process at its finest... But I wouldn't want to stand in the cold either - I don't blame you!
 
yeah, for $50 I would officially be watching the debate at home on tv. I did go see Obama, though. I will post about it soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?