is it just me?

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

 

look into pants

So, if you have heeded my advice and read gofugyourself then you know that I stole this subject line from them. However, I think they would happily lend it to me under the circumstances: yesterday I crossed the street on my way to work and found myself walking behind a young woman who was wearing pantyhose and nothing else on her legs. seriously. I know what you are thinking: that Lizard is very out of it and is not aware of the leggings trend. but, my friends, I am very aware (though very much not in favor) of this trend. These were not leggings. These were pantyhose, clearly identified by the color change for the top portion, a feature which hose do NOT share with leggings. Not only that, everything else she was wearing was so short that you could see her underwear through the pantyhose. Seriously? Not even a long t-shirt? If you DID decide that they were close enough to leggings, you are still supposed to wear something long on top. Now, I might have said it just rode up, but at one point she pulled down her shirt and it still did very little to cover her ass. And as if all THAT weren't enough, it was 13 degrees out, so even if you HAD decided that pantyhose were a suitable replacement for pants, they were not appropriate for the weather. Finally, you had better have a better figure than Heidi Klum if you are going to try to pull this off, and she, my friends, did not. I almost stopped her because I legitimately thought that she MUST have forgotten an article of clothing at home. But then I reasoned that if she had indeed forgotten her pants, the freezing cold draft should have reminded her as soon as she stepped outside her front door. Mercy. I told someone at work about her, and with luck she had seen her too! She said she thought she was seeing things. Ha. I am afraid not. I can only wonder how much of her day she got through before seeing the error of her ways and heading home to put some f'ing clothes on. And I also wonder how much enjoyment her classmates got out of her little spectacle.

number one in your hearts
I was watching CNN last night and saw part of McCain's victory speech and all of a sudden it hit me: he sounds a LOT like Casey Kasem. I pointed this out to Mr. Lizard, who had to agree even though he likes McCain more than I do, and he said maybe he would make a long distance dedication to Mike Huckabee. HAHA. Anyway, Mr. Lizard accused me of being ageist but I think he is too old to be president. Not to mention that I think he is quite full of bad ideas. Unfortunately now when I hear him I will only think of those days long ago laying on my futon listening to the Top 40 on the radio, ready to press record when the number one song came on. Seriously, listen carefully. See if you don't agree.

Comments:
A lady came to my work with actual leggings on, but a really short shirt. Get this: the ass of her leggings inexplicably had an applique of a dog, which we believe is actually her own poodle?
 
wow. she could definitely give my pantyhose friend a run for her money. and at least ms. pantyhose has the vague excuse of being a college student.

I think putting anything on the ass of your pants is a mistake. poodle = big mistake.
 
I still don't understand what the outfit was entirely. Why would someone wear just pantyhose with nothing on top that came down far enough to cover the changeover part of them?

Perhaps she's a foreign student? I dunno...reaching here. I wore some pretty fucked up stuff when I was a student, but (a) I had the body for what I was trying to pull off at that time, and (b) I always had my ass covered! ALWAYS!

Please...pictures next time. Pretty please!
 
I know. this was one of those moments where I thought "I really need a camera phone". because seriously, you have to see to believe shit like this.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?