is it just me?

Monday, March 24, 2008

 

yeah, it's kind of like that.

I enjoy the Sports Guy on espn.com, but they are also currently featuring the NCAA picks of the sports gal, who had this to say:

Marquette (6) over Cornell (14): Maybe I could talk myself into the Bucks GM thing if we lived somewhere near Marquette; I always thought it seemed like a nice school. Also, I'd be considered a twig if we lived in Wisconsin. Everyone would tell me how skinny I was all the time and ask me where I worked out and what I did. I could introduce the women there to pilates and explain to them the dangers of brats and cheese curds. I like the thought of being regarded as an exercise pioneer even if it wasn't true.

HA! She is so right. It is easy to feel kind of thin in Wisconsin, but then you have to go to a wedding in LA and you are faced with the impending doom of feeling like the giant pasty cow that you are. Anyway, I also had Marquette winning a couple of times, but that didn't end so well. That is a theme for my bracket this year, which has completely gone to shit. Alas. Two years ago I came in second in my work pool, and it all came down to the final game. Last year I actually WON the pool at my husband's work, but that wasn't very exciting because I didn't get to go to work and gloat about it. But this year, well, this year all that comes to an end. Unless, say, they let Georgetown play a re-match. Even then, though, I still probably lose. Sigh. The good news is that Wisconsin is doing great and will maybe even make it to the Elite Eight. So, there's that.

no CSI needed
You know how in crime shows they have that stuff that they spray and then they shine a light and if it is blood it glows purple? (I assume this is a real product, but maybe it's made up like all the rest of that stuff.) Anyway, I was thinking today that if they had such a thing for milk, and if you sprayed it all over my clothes, carpets and (especially) the inside of my car, they would light up like a Christmas tree. Seriously. Twice last week as I was dropping of baby Liz someone pointed out to me that she had poured milk down my back. This is why I do not expend excessive amounts of energy getting ready for work.

taxes
I was doing some tax research today and came across something that said "If you are married filing separately and have been living apart for the whole tax year, then you can each contribute x dollars." And I thought, if you are married filing separately and have been living apart the whole tax year then you probably want to think about getting divorced.




Comments:
Hey - read this in case you need yet another reason to steer clear of Walmart!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/25/walmart.insurance.battle/index.html
 
doesn't walmart just give you the warm fuzzies all over? the good news is they are rolling back prices, now they have an extra $400K. sheesh. rat bastards.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?