is it just me?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

I totally fell for it

I don't usually fall for April Fool's jokes, but this morning on the radio the DJ said that Milli Vanilli was coming out with an album featuring guest vocals by famous people. I thought well, isn't THAT ironic'. And then I kept driving and I looked out the window and I thought 'duh'.

my perky aerobics instructor Jen had us start our warm-up on the floor. she said we were going to do the whole routine sitting down. I didn't fall for it. but when she shouted April Fool's as we were all sitting on the floor like a serious bunch of fools this one woman totally cracked up and waved her arm like 'Oh, go ON! You are such a STITCH!' Oi.

easy living
For the most part, I don't wish I was in college again. The three years after college I would happily re-live in a heartbeat. But college? Not so much. However, I was riding the bus today and a girl sitting next to me had written RENT on her hand in pen. And I thought hmm...I sort of wish that paying rent were the only responsible thing I had to do, and that writing it on my hand would be an acceptable way to remember it. I think perhaps I am going to start writing "Pick up kid at daycare" on the back of my hand and see if anyone says something to me about it. To do list: 1) save world, 2) fold laundry.

chez lizard
We put in an offer on a new house yesterday. I had forgotten how terrifying it is. And stressful. This will be the second home I have purchased in my life, and while it saddens me to sell the first one, it does not sadden me to think about a solution to my storage problem. However, the past month has really reminded me of all the things that are kind of a drag about being a responsible adult. I think my friend ch who doesn't have a job and lives in an RV and does what he feels like is really on to something. So if that is still an option for you, it is worth considering.

march sadness part 3
It is truly shocking how poorly I have performed in the pool this year. All my earlier credentials have been destroyed, and I am destined to finish somewhere around 50th out of 55. Well, unless UCLA wins which will allow me to regain a teeny, tiny shred of dignity. But really, at this point, it doesn't matter. Waaaah. Three people who entered their DOGS in the pool are doing better than me. Three. Dogs. Enough said.

Comments:
They entered...their *dogs*? Why would that even be allowed? Are they those crazy types that give their spouses Christmas presents that are supposed to be from the animal resident of the house? Those people scare me...

I didn't join a pool (I gave up "betting" of any kind after USC let me down in the Championship game against Texas a few years back...dicks), but this year is the opposite of yours for me. I've never called it so well. I chose all 4 #1 seeds to head to the Final Four...not because I'm a loser that just *does* that sort of thing every year, but because I looked at the facts and just felt it was inevitable. I've never done it before. I cannot WAIT for Saturday...
 
Well? What happened with the house? Stalking-minds want to know!
 
offer accepted! which is totally terrifying and I have been in real estate document hell ever since.

in other news, five dogs beat me in the NCAA pool. go me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?