is it just me?

Friday, June 27, 2008

 

recombobulated

One thing I forgot to post about my last trip. I flew out of Milwaukee to save some cash, and this was the first time I have done that in a while. After you get through security, and are scooping up your bags, your shoes, your jacket, your shampoo, and whatever the hell else they want to look at now, they have this area with chairs labeled "Recombobulation Area". HAHA. Perfect. Because let's face it, at that point you are definitely discombobulated. Big time.

facebook revisited
Okay, so I know I said I hate facebook but I find it oddly addictive. Mostly I just like looking at people's pictures. It is very interesting the pictures that people decide to post, and let's face it: we are all nosy like that. If you could see random pictures of people you knew a million years ago, wouldn't you want to? It's like a reunion without all the awkward conversation. Anyway, this guy who lived in my neighborhood growing up but who I was never friends with (he was both younger than me and weird) added me as a friend. He's all "It's been a long time! What are you up to?" and I wanted to send him a message that said "We've never actually had a conversation. Why start now? Post some pictures." And then, he did. And, well, let's just say I have a feeling he's still weird. There are multiple pictures of him with girls, each of which LOOKS like it might be a girlfriend but there is only one picture of each. And it says the date, and they are all from conferences and such over the past four (!) years. So, I am going to go out on a limb and say no girlfriend, just trying to look popular. Which is really not working out for him. Then there are a couple of weird shots of him sitting at a desk working. Um...no one cares about your office. Then there is a picture of what I can only assume is his car, which is this big fat black Cadillac but not an Escalade, some sedan type thing. WTH. That's for your grandpa. And THEN there is a picture of him driving said car, clearly taken with a cell phone. So, after looking at that I felt kind of sad for him. But not nearly sad enough to get into a conversation.

Also, in a moment of facebook honesty my friend removed 'reading' from her list of interests and 'mostly foreign flicks' from her favorite movies. There, doesn't that feel better? Now go eat some bon bons and watch The Girls Next Door like you know you want to.

Oh, and I had lots of friends tell me that they loved Scrabulous which is online Scrabble. I tried it. I hate it. I will be honest, I hate Scrabble. I think this is because I used to play with my sister and my dad and they would be all "that's xyrgot on a triple word score for 69 points!" and I'm all "cat". And truthfully, when you play online it gets dragged on for days and days and you aren't even face to face. So, I don't like it. However, I won my game. So I think I shall retire from Scrabulous undefeated.

The above is why I will never, ever post this blog as my website on facebook. I cannot jeopardize such a valuable source of material.

awkward
As I mentioned here earlier, I did not have any trouble selling my house. This is mostly because it is 1) an awesome house and 2) in an excellent location. Last night I was at girls' night out and this woman whom I do not particularly care too much for asked me how I sold my house, because hers "has been on the market for months and she has had 20 showings and no sale". I don't really know how to answer this because the real answer is that my house is better than hers. And I don't say that to be superior, I say it as the real estate fact that it is. If you gave any real estate agent in town the choice of selling my house or hers, they would all pick mine. But then she confesses that her two year old is "running around" during the showings. Um...that's a problem. Though not as big of a problem as the fact that she lives on a not nice, busy street. She asked me why I was moving and I said because I needed more space and was moving to a bigger place. Which is true. Someone asked her why she was moving and she said because she can't afford the mortgage and she's moving in with her mother. And if that doesn't make you want to drink (and buy her one) I don't know what will. I would like to thank my lucky stars that I am not 32 years old and moving in to my mother's house with my husband and my two year old. yeesh.

make new friends
All summer long they have something here called SOAR which is new Student Orientation and Registration. It's mandatory, all incoming freshman have to come and sign up for classes and stuff. A lot of the activities are based at the union right near my office, where I often go for lunch. So I get to see all these awkward looking kids dressed to look as cool as they can, standing around wearing name tags and not talking to each other. It's hilarious. They all stand about 15 feet apart from one another and look like they both want someone to talk to them and like they would rather die than talk to anyone. And that, my friends, is a reason to be glad you aren't 18. There aren't many, but that's one. Being able to legally drink in a bar. That's two. See, it's not so bad being old.

Comments:
Ok. Being from Milwaukee, it’s great to get a little press and blogging' but the fact remains, TSA is a joke. They react after the fact and what have they truly stopped from happening? We're inconvenienced and the terrorists continue to work overseas.
 
I think that the sign is great. It helps to releave some pressure.
There should be a smoking area returned to our small town airport.
Dave Livingston
Brown Deer,WI
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?