is it just me?

Friday, August 26, 2005

 

comments

so, not many people leave comments here. I like comments, so I was happy when today I had one. But it was a fake comment. Comment spam. Jerks. So I tried to get rid of it but I can't. I'm pissed. Both at the stupid comment spammer who wants to know if you are Alone, but also because I can't figure out why I can't see the delete comment option. I have just enough computer savvy to be dangerous, but not enough to be useful. it's sad, really. So now if you want to leave me a comment you have to do some word verification thing which I only did because I couldn't figure out how to just delete. So now really no one will leave comments because it's a lot of hassle. stupid spammers.

So, can anyone tell my why those walkie talkie cell phones are better than a regular cell phone? I have never used one, but it doesn't really seem to be an advantage. Do you have to hold down a button to talk like with a real walkie talkie? It seems like people hold them away from their face and talk into them, which is not better than being on the phone. It really doesn't seem like superior technology.

While we're on the topic of cellphones, I would like to take this opportunity to remind all of you that it is impossible to look cool with a cellphone attached to your belt. Do not deceive yourself. It's dorky. In fact, it is pretty hard to pull of wearing anything but a belt around your waist. So be honest with yourself, do you really get so many calls that you need to have your phone right there? Guys will give the argument that they do not carry purses and therefore have nowhere to put their phones. I don't care. Put it in your pocket, carry it in your hand, or get a purse. Or admit that you are a huge dork. Perhaps people only do this in the Midwest. But if you do it, I will say now: it's not workin for you.

Yesterday on the bus there was a young woman wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a fried egg that said "the yoke's on you". I don't get it.

today is friday. yeeha for that.

Comments:
I wasn't getting any comments either until I added my blog to www.blogexplosion.com. Make sure you fill out something in the personal ID part or it still wont circulate.

Keep writing!

Oh and I hate those spammers, but that's par for the course!
 
I agree...comment spam sucks. I got one about health insurance on mine. As for deleting them, you might have to disable firewalls or something like that temporarily to see the trashcan thing. (If I sound computer savvy, I'm not. I had the same problem and my friend helped me.)

Not that I have an super-extensive following by any means, but I can link to you on my sidebar if you'd like. Your updates are the highlight of my work day. :o)

Your #1 superfan,

Jane
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   November 2010   June 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?